Please feel free use this written guide for a self-guided tour for educational purposes: DOWNLOADABLE AND PRINTABLE TOUR GUIDE TEXT DOCUMENT
Future Tours Dates:
POSTPONED Tuesday 17th March 2020 2pm. Private Tour for the Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) LGBTQ Staff Network (Encompass) Annual Get Together.
Tuesday 5th May 2020 5pm. Virtual Tour via zoom. Archive material will be shared by the magic of the internet. We will also share the amazng 3D scan of the (now closed) LGBT+ Centre and hear some stories and memories from the Centre Manager, Ali Hanbury. Please Book Here.
If you would like me to carry out the tour for your away day, for your school’s group or as part of an event – just get in touch with Ali at The Proud Trust. It is a great activity if you fancy something different!
Previous Tours Dates:
- Tuesday 10th February 2015, as part of the first LGBT History Festival.
- Saturday 14th February 2015, as part of the first LGBT History Festival.
- Thursday 27th August 2015, as part of Political Pride.
- Friday 27th November 2015, to celebrate the Centre’s 27th birthday!
- Saturday 27th February 2016, as part of the LGBT History Festival.
- Saturday 4th June 2016, as part of Manchester Histories Festival.
- Saturday 6th August 2016, as part of Loitering with Intent.
- Saturday 17th September 2016, to celebrate the launch of OUT! Manchester
- Wednesday 23rd November 2016, for Staff of Barnardo’s.
- Sunday 27th November 2016, to celebrate the Centre’s 28th birthday!
- Sunday 26th February 2017, to celebrate LGBT History Month with The Proud Trust.
- Saturday 14th October 2017. 12.30pm. Private Tour for the Rainy City Roller Derby All Stars.
- Wednesday 31st January 2018 2pm. Private Tour for the Officials of the Roller Derby World Cup.
- Sunday 26th November 2017, to celebrate the Centre’s 29th birthday!
- Tuesday 10th July 2018 Private Tour for Co-op Academy Failsworth Pride Club (the student’s LGBT club). As part of the celebrations marking 30 years since the Gay Centre opened #30yearsqueer
- Tuesday 14th August 2018 Private tour for the Rebuild Project Board members and Trustees of the Proud Trust.
- Saturday 24th November 2018, as part of the celebrations marking 30 years since the Gay Centre opened #30yearsqueer
- Saturday June 4th 2019 as part of the LGBT+ Centre’s Farewell Festival
- Saturday 30th November 2019, to celebrate the Centre’s 31st birthday and as part of the Pre-Demolition Visit. Reported on ITV.